Collective Haul | Drugstore & High End

by - Friday, April 28, 2017


It's my birth month which means I have a valid excuse reason to justify all the purchases I've made 🙈. Not that it matters but this is a collective haul which means I didn't get them all in one purchase but separately throughout the month and some were gifted by my family. Also, I've already tried a few of the products but some of them I haven't used yet so I won't be reviewing each one but just give you my overall thoughts and first impressions. Moving on, here are the products that I recently got:

1. Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation
Nyx Counters (Check their facebook page for the list of stores) 

Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation in True Beige

I love me a good drugstore foundation especially one that is locally available. The Nyx Total Control Drop Foundation is making its rounds in the beauty community and has been receiving good reception from the beauty gurus. I've already worn it twice and I must say, I'm impressed! I got the shade True Beige which is a medium shade with a yellow undertone and it fits my skin tone perfectly. It's a unique foundation which claims to give sheer to full coverage depending on the number of drops you use (2 drops for light coverage, 3 for medium). I have to use it more before I give my full review though so let me know if that's something you want to see!

2. KL Polish in Caramello
@makeupdepot

KL Polish in Caramello

KL Polish is a nail polish brand created by my all-time favorite youtuber, Kathleen Lights and the shade Caramello is one of the first shades she put out. I think it's such a unique shade and I don't have anything like it in my nail polish collection. I would describe this shade as a deep mustard color. The quality of this nail polish is amazing and I love the applicator! It has a rounded flat brush that makes it so easy to apply on the nails. The color is also very opaque with just one layer and it lasted on my nails for a week before chipping.

3. Too Faced Cocoa Contour
Sephora

Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit

I had my sister buy this for me and I've been using it ever since I got it. First of all, it smells like Chocolate!😍 as for the quality, the powders are very soft and buttery and they do tend to have a little bit of fall out but nothing too crazy. The Too Faced Cocoa Contour kit is definitely worth the hype and I recommend it if you're looking for a great contour kit. I actually use the brush that comes with it too and it works very well to bronze up the face. By the way, I got the original version which is good for light-medium skin tones but they do have another one in medium to deep for girls with darker skin tones.

4. Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray

Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray

I haven't opened this yet because I'm currently using another setting spray but I've read a lot of great reviews about this product. I just finished up my Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting spray so I'm excited to see if this will work better for my oily skin. If I end up liking it, you will probably see it in a future post.

5. Too Faced Lip Insurance Original Demi-Matte Anti-Feathering Lip Primer

Too Faced Lip Insurance Original Demi-Matte Anti-Feathering Lip Primer

Yet another gift from my sister, the Too Faced Lip Insurance is supposed to be applied before you put on your lipstick. It nice for smoothing out the lines in your lips and giving your lipstick a matte finish. I would use a separate lip balm for moisturizing though since this product doesn't really claim to moisturize.

6. Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk
@glossier.mnl

Glossier Cloud Paint Dusk

I already did a review on this blush which you can read here. Glossier's cloud paint is the perfect blush for summer! Extremely easy to put on and the formula is so lightweight and seamless.

7. Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Honey
Nars Counters

Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Honey

This is a new concealer from Nars and I've been seeing a lot of beauty gurus rave about this. If you read my The Best & Worst of Nars Products post, you will know that I'm not the biggest fan of the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer but I wanted to see if the Soft Matte Complete Concealer would be different and I'm happy to say I think I prefer this more! The texture is sooo smooth and easy to apply and it gives a really good full coverage. The only downside is that I noticed that it creases under my eyes but only a little bit. It's definitely a concealer you want to set with a powder.

8. Burt's Bees Lipstick in Suede Splash
Beauty Bar

Burt's Bees Lipstick in Suede Splash

I've never tried anything from Burt's Bees before but they are pretty popular for their lip balms so I was actually pleasantly surprised with their new lipstick line. I tried it in a Burt's Bees counter in Beauty Bar and I instantly noticed how moisturized my lips feel. I've been using this a lot ever since and it's now become a staple in my bag. It's such a nice my-lips-but-better shade and it's perfect if you have dry lips. My only complain is that since it has a creamy formula, it might have a tendency to break apart or melt if you're not being careful.

9. Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil
Beauty Bar

Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil

I've read a lot of great reviews about this product and I wanted to see if it works. It's basically a multipurpose oil you can use for the face, hair, and body. I wanted to test it out first so I got the smaller bottle. If you have tried it, please let me know in the comments below!

10. Sephora Collection Moisturizing Hand Cream in Vanilla
Sephora

Sephora Moisturizing Hand Cream in Vanilla

I use this hand cream at night and I really like it so far. I dislike rich and sticky hand creams and I'm happy to say that Sephora's hand cream isn't like that at all. It is light and moisturizing on the hands and not greasy. They have a variety of different scents and I have another one in Peony which I haven't opened yet but this one in Vanilla has a sweet scent that reminds me of white chocolate.

11. Unbranded Eyelash Sets in Dingsen and 690 + Lash Tweezers
@msfashionbeautique


I ordered these months ago and just only received them recently. I know I shouldn't be hoarding so much on lashes because I recently got two sets from a different seller but a girl can't have too many, right? 😅 I got all three for only ₱300 which is such a steal. The only downside is it's for pre-order and I waited a long time before I received my package. I haven't used these yet except for the eyelash applicator but I'm sure to post about them on my instagram once I have.


12. Bioré UV Perfect Spray SPF 50 PA++++
Watson's

Bioré UV Perfect Spray SPF 50 PA++++

I came across this product at Watson's while looking for a sunblock and because I love the Biore Aqua Rich sunblock, I wanted to try their other products too. I've used it once and it has a very fine mist that feels undetectable on the skin. It has SPF 50 PA++++ and it says on the packaging that aside from the body, you can use it for your face, hair & scalp too plus it's waterproof! This is definitely the perfect companion in the summer time.

13. Naruko Raw Job's Tears Essence
Naruko.ph


This is a repurchase and I've mentioned it a few times on my blog already. You can read my full review here if you're interested. Needless to say, I'm a fan of Naruko now and I really love this essence. By the way, I'm also really liking their new packaging which looks a lot more fun and eye-catching compared to the old one.

14. Lonely Planet Liquid Lipstick in With Love
@cheekyposh 

 Lonely Planet Liquid Lipstick in With Love
Lonely Planet 'With Love' in natural lighting

I really liked my first Lonely Planet lipstick in the shade Debbie which I made a review on here and I wanted to get another shade with a more nude color. 'With Love' is a shade from their Valentine's collection and it has more of a pink-y peach color compared to Debbie which has a warmer, deeper terracotta color.

I apologize if most of these aren't locally available but I've listed where you can purchase them except for the Urban Decay De-slick setting spray and Too Faced Lip Insurance which were purchased abroad by my sister. I hope you liked this haul and I'll definitely make a review on some of the products I mentioned here. Let me know if there is a specific product you want a review on first! Until next time, birthday girl signing off 😉

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really want to try the Too Faced contour kit, it looks so pretty!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's heavenly and the quality is really good! 😊

      Delete