Review | Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk

by - Thursday, April 20, 2017

Glossier Cloud Paint Dusk

Glossier Cloud Paint Dusk
This is my very first product from Glossier and honestly the reason why it took me a while is because I was a bit skeptical about the brand at first. They seemed to me like one of those very overpriced and overhyped brands that are popular because of social media and good branding. Also, most of their products are marketed as very natural looking makeup meaning they tend to be more on the sheer side in terms of pigmentation so I felt like I wouldn't be getting the most out of my money. Despite all this, I really wanted to try their new cloud paints specifically in the shade Dusk which has a gorgeous nude, pink-y brown color and because I've been really drawn to these type of colors lately, I immediately fell in love. So is the hype real about this product? Find out below!

Glossier Cloud Paint Dusk

Glossier Cloud Paint Dusk

Glossier Cloud Paint Dusk


Before I get into the performance of this blush, let me talk a little bit about the packaging. I find that the actual tube of the cloud paint is super cute and although it is small with only 10ml product, a little goes a long way as you can see in the photo above. I think Glossier is a good example of a brand that does excellent marketing. Take one look at their line of products and you'll instantly get a feel of what their brand is about and it helps that they are pretty consistent with their branding. They did really well with the packaging of the actual tube with its clean and classic Glossier design. That being said, I was very disappointed with the box that they housed it in. I get the whole paint tube concept but to me, the cardboard and plastic made it look more of an art project. I really wish that they made it look more "expensive" especially since IT IS actually expensive (😰). I guess that's my only gripe about the cloud paint but now let's move on to the actual product and its qualities which is essentially more important than the packaging.

What it is 
Cloud Paint by Glossier is described as a gel-cream blush inspired by the gradient pink sunsets in NYC, they are available in 4 shades and the one that I have is Dusk which is a nude brown. It contains the key ingredients collagen which has a plumping effect on the skin, a smooth-gel system which gives it a silky application, and blurring powder pigments for providing seamless, streak-free application.  

 Claims
It is supposed to give a "healthy, flushed-from-within glow". It also claims to be hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, paraben free, fragrance free, and cruelty free

Texture, Quality and Pigmentation
The cloud paint has a gel-like consistency and is quite liquid-y which sort of reminds me of a tinted moisturizer. It is definitely not like other typical cream blushes. In comparison, the Becca beach tint which is my absolute favorite has a thinner consistency compared to cloud paint but I think they are at par in terms of pigmentation. Speaking of pigmentation, it is surprisingly amazing and a little amount goes a long way! Once spread out, it blends seamlessly into the skin as a sheer wash of color and gives the skin a very natural flush true to its claims.

How to use
Start by taking a little amount on your fingers and dab onto your cheeks then build it up to desired amount. I love how easy this is to use, definitely fuss-free and great for girls who can't be bothered to use makeup brushes.

Price & Availability
Unfortunately, Glossier isn't locally available in the Philippines so you will have to purchase from online sellers. The prices range from ₱1,200-1,499 depending on the seller. If you're interested, you can check out one of the sellers on instagram, @glossier.mnl 

Pros
Very pigmented, gives a very nice flush to the skin, great for makeup beginners or for the girls who prefer natural-looking makeup
 
Cons
Expensive, not locally available, not particularly long-lasting

In my humble opinion, I think the Glossier cloud paint hype is real. I think it's worth it only because I haven't experienced another product just like it. It is definitely for the girl who likes super minimal, fuss-free makeup which I particularly tend to go for during the summer time. The shades are very wearable and I'm pretty sure you will find one that you'll like but Dusk is the perfect shade for me. Dry-skinned girls will appreciate this a lot more I think especially since it wears down fast on oily skin which is pretty typical for cream blushes. All in all, I would recommend this product if you are looking for a super easy to use blush that gives a naturally-flushed look. I wouldn't particularly recommend this for girls who like their makeup full coverage and super long-wearing but if you are like me who cannot stand the heat but still want to look presentable without feeling that you have a lot of makeup on, definitely check these out. Have any of you tried Glossier's Cloud Paints? Comment down below!

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I thought Dusk would never show up on my olive skin but it does. In fact, it looks slightly peachy on me and I really like the consistency as well.

    Lavanya | Elle Files

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to hear that! Have you tried the other shades yet? I have a yellow/golden undertone and Dusk looks more like a warm pink on my skin :) I think it's a shade that will complement a lot of skin tones!

      Delete