Review | Lonely Planet - Debbie

by - Sunday, March 26, 2017

I've been eyeing Lonely Planet liquid lipsticks since seeing them everywhere on the internet and I finally went and bought one for myself to see what the hype is about. Lonely Planet is an indie brand that sells liquid lipsticks and they are vegan and cruelty free which is always a great thing! Their shade range is to die for and I couldn't help but get one to see if it's any good.

I have the shade Debbie which is described in their website as a "classic, medium everyday nude with warm undertones" and I agree it is such an everyday color. It's actually the perfect shade for me especially since I've been really drawn to warm-toned colors lately. So let's get to the part you really wanted to see-swatches.

Lonely Planet Debbie
Lonely Planet in Debbie
Actual lip swatch on my skin tone (nc30-35) in natural light
Here are shade comparisons with some of my other liquid lipsticks (forgive my horrible swatches lol):
Lonely Planet's Debbie, The Balm's Charming, The Balm's Trustworthy
L-R: Lonely Planet's Debbie, The Balm's Charming, The Balm's Trustworthy (Natural light)

Lonely Planet's Debbie, The Balm's Charming, The Balm's Trustworthy
L-R: Lonely Planet's Debbie, The Balm's Charming, The Balm's Trustworthy (With flash)
If you notice, it's quite similar to The Balm's Trustworthy which is one of my absolute favorite shades so I already know I'm gonna love this so much. Debbie has more of a warm pink undertone as compared to Trustworthy's orange undertone. Charming, on the other hand, is more of a pink mauve in my opinion.

So as usual in all of my product reviews, here is a summary review of Lonely Planet's liquid lipstick in the shade Debbie:

What it is: Lonely Planet's Debbie is a 'silky matte' liquid lipstick in a medium nude shade with warm undertones
Finish: It has a matte finish that doesn't completely dry down matte unlike other typical liquid lipsticks and I absolutely love it
Formula: It's not too liquid-y and not too thick either, somewhere in between. On the lips they feel ultra comfortable but note that they are not transfer proof because the lipstick transfers on my mug when I drink but not to the point that it's too messy. It doesn't dry the lips either.
Longevity: Since it is not super duper matte, this is a lipstick you will definitely need to reapply. I didn't count the exact number of hours but it did last a pretty decent time on my lips. Also, as with all liquid lipsticks, this will come off when you eat anything oily.
Pigmentation: Amazing! The swatch photographed above was just one swipe.
Price & Availability: ₱750 from mon.molina in Shopee
Pros: gorgeous color, amazing pigmentation, formula and finish are spot on, non drying, comfortable, cruelty free
Cons: can only be purchased online, not transfer proof (I don't really mind this too much but some of you might), not super long lasting

Overall, I recommend the Lonely Planet liquid lipsticks if you have dry lips or just prefer a comfortable formula in your liquid lipsticks like me. Have any of you tried the Lonely Planet liquid lipsticks? I personally love it and already eyeing some other shades to get in the future ♡

You May Also Like

0 comments