February-March 2017 Favorites

by - Sunday, March 19, 2017


I know I am coming in too late for the month of February and a bit too early for March but I wanted to make this post as a beginning of a series for my blog. I'll try to post my favorites monthly if there's anything new that I love. So let's get on to it shall we ☆

Some of these are repeats from my Best Products of 2016 post so I apologize if I'm sounding like a broken record here but I guess that really testifies to how much I love the products. In no particular order, here are the products I really loved for the months of February and March this year:

1. Maybelline Matte + Poreless Fit Me Foundation 

I hauled this from a bazaar last time which you can read here. The perfect shade match for me is Warm Nude and I'm quite proud of myself for actually guessing the right shade because I always struggle figuring out my foundation shade. That aside, I really love the finish and coverage of this foundation and I feel like this is exactly what I was looking for in a foundation plus it's a drugstore brand! It has more of a semi-matte finish that is by no means dry or flat but instead looks naturally flawless. The coverage is medium which I prefer in my foundation and it lasts a long time! I've noticed that whenever I use this, my bronzer, blush, and highlight stays on for a longer time which means the makeup really adheres to the foundation and that is something I've always struggled with since I have an oily skin type. Overall, this is such a great inexpensive but high quality product that I think is worth going out of the way to find. By the way, I bought it from Chedelyn Cosmetics, along with a lot of other stuff I got from my bazaar haul.

2. Klairs Rich Moist Foaming Cleanser
Klairs Rich Foaming Cleanser

If you've read my Best Products of 2016 post, you've probably seen this one already but for those of you who haven't, the Klairs Rich Moist Foaming cleanser is amazing! My skin is quite sensitive and I experience red itchy spots on a daily basis for various reasons (honestly it might be from a product, the climate or dust, I don't even know lol) but this is just so gentle on my skin and so effective in cleansing. After washing my face with this, my skin looks glowing and healthy and it feels soft. I can't rave about this product enough and I recommend it if you have sensitive skin and struggling to find a cleanser that your skin won't react from.

3. Milani Stay Put Brow in Medium Brown
Milani Stay Put Brow 03 Medium Brown

Another product from my bazaar haul, the Milani Stay Put Brow has easily become my new holy grail brow product! It's a pomade similar to the infamous Anastasia Beverly Hills dip brow pomade which is a first for me since I always use either a powder, pencil, or a liquid pen. This product took me by surprise in that it's so cheap and yet so great! I am quite picky with my brow products and I need them to stay on all day but at the same time not look too harsh since I do have sparse brows. This one just stays on and although it does fade a little bit throughout the day, the color never really wears off completely. It comes with a brush which is also good quality and works perfectly well with the product. This has become a staple now in my makeup routine along with my k-palette 2-way pen. I used to want to get the ABH dip brow but since using this, I think I'll just give it a pass especially considering the huge price difference, ABH costs around ₱1,100 in online shops while I got the Milani pomade for only ₱450!

4. Essence Pure Nude Highlighter

I already did a review on this product which you can check out here if you want something more in-depth. I've been using this highlighter almost every time I do my makeup. It's so beautiful and subtle on the skin that you can never really apply too much of it. I really recommend this product if you can still find it online because I'm afraid Essence has discontinued it. This is just one of the many drugstore products I discovered that blew me away. I hope Essence comes out with another one!

5. Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara + Mascara Remover
Heroine Make Mascara Long & Curl, Mascara Remover

I've been using falsies more regularly lately but on days that I don't feel like putting them on, I use the Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. I think this product has gained a lot of hype and popularity in the Asian beauty community and now I understand why! My main problem with my lashes is that it sticks out straight and doesn't really hold a curl so this mascara was really god sent in that it keeps my lashes curled all damn day. Aside from curling, it also does a great job in lengthening my lashes. I honestly think I've found the best mascara for me and I probably won't be using anything else from now on. Special mention is the mascara remover that came in the bundle I got-it is really perfect in removing mascara and so convenient to use! It comes in a wand and you just apply it directly to your lashes then wipe with a cotton pad, it usually takes off the Heroine make mascara without any hassle.

6. Nars Laguna Bronzer

I mentioned this product in my Best & Worst Products of Nars post and I've already hit pan on this! I've had this product for the longest time and recently I've been using it in my makeup routine all the time regardless of the look I'm going for. It just gives a subtle, natural bronze to my face and the shade is just perfect in my opinion because it's not orange in any way but more of a neutral toned brown that can even double up as a contour shade. I have to note, however, that I think this shade will work best for girls who have light to medium skin tones as it might not show up on darker skin.
 
7. Ebay Brushes

If you want a more detailed look into these brushes, you may check out the feature I made on them here. First of all, these are so inexpensive and second of all, they work just as well as other high end brushes. I've been using these brushes so much since I got them and it's one of the best purchases I ever made! My favorite one is the pointed brush which I use to dust off my powder whenever I bake but all of them have the softest bristles plus I haven't experienced any shedding when I washed them which is absolutely amazing considering these were such a steal. 

8. The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer in 1.5
L-R: Nyx HD Concealer, The Saem Cover Tip Perfection Concealer

Yet another product from my bazaar haul, the Saem Cover Perfection Tip concealer is an inexpensive product that has now replaced my Mac Prolongwear concealer as my go-to under eye concealer. I haven't been able to put this down ever since I tried it. It does such an amazing job in covering my dark circles and although I haven't really had any blemishes to cover lately, I can imagine that this would also work great in covering up blemishes. I definitely recommend this if you're looking for an inexpensive high coverage concealer.

9. Nyx HD Concealer in Yellow 

I've mentioned this product in my Nyx review post and I've been using this together with my the Saem concealer just to brighten up my eye area. I really see a difference when I use this because it really brightens up my under eyes while giving a fresh look to my face as if I wasn't staying up all night watching youtube videos (lol). I haven't really tried using this alone but I think you can if you don't have any dark circles and just want to brighten your under eyes.

10. Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede
Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede

Personally, I am more drawn to floral scents and I'm not really into super sweet or musky fragrances so if you're like me, you will like Jo Malone's Peony and Blush Suede. I'm not really that great in describing scents but if you ask me, I would describe it as a fresh, ultra feminine, classic daytime scent. Based on my research, the top note is red apple; middle notes are peony, jasmine, carnation, and rose; and the base note is suede. I was pleasantly surprised that it lasts quite a long time on my skin and the scent when it fades throughout the day is just so lovely and understated which is so my style. For the longest time (I'm talking years and years), my go-to perfume was Gucci Guilty which has a bit more of a stronger, sexier floral scent. I switch back and forth between those two but I've been preferring to use the Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede during the day and Gucci Guilty during the night. Go check it out if you're also into floral scents.
 
11. Alice Blue Baby Shower Home Fragrance Oil
Alice Blue Baby Shower Fragrance Oil

I'm one of those people who loves candles or fragrances at home. I've gone through a lot of Alice Blue's Baby Shower candles already in the past and I wanted to try their fragrance oil for the first time. I have a burner in my room and I usually just use 3-4 drops of this and burn a tealight candle underneath. I can't really say anything else about this other than I really, really love the scent. As the name suggests, it does smell like baby shower. It has a powdery scent which I'm really into. It makes my room smell constantly like a baby fresh from the shower 👶. If you're curious, I bought it from the Alice Blue counter in Glorietta 1 but they seem to also have branches in Rockwell and Trinoma. If you like home fragrances, I suggest you check them out because they have a lot of other really nice smelling scented candles and oils.

12. Sunnies Specs in Kip
Sunnies Specs Kip
This is not beauty-related but I wanted to include these glasses from Sunnies Specs since I've been using them a lot lately. I have astigmatism and a bit of nearsightedness so I have a bit of a struggle seeing from a certain distance when I don't wear my eyeglasses especially when I'm driving so I usually keep this in the car so I don't forget to wear it. I think this style suits my face shape the most. If you need some affordable eyeglasses, I really recommend Sunnies Specs as they have a lot of nice styles seriously it took me so long to decide which ones to get.

We're finally done, phew! That was quite a lot I apologize. I have a couple of other new stuff I've been using to share with you guys but I'll save them for my next posts. What products have you been enjoying lately? I'd love to know!

You May Also Like

0 comments