Review | Banila Co. Clean it Zero Cleansing Balm

by - Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Banila Co. Clean it Zero
I'm pretty sure you've already heard of Banila Co.'s Clean it Zero but in case you haven't, it is a cleansing balm for removing your makeup. This product has gained a lot of hype and since I finished up my huge bottle of Shu Uemura cleansing oil, I decided to bust this baby out of my drawer and finally use it. Since Shu Uemura's cleansing oils are my absolute favorite, I couldn't help but compare. For some reason, I thought the tub would be bigger but it only comes with 100ml product so I'm expecting to go through it quite quickly. So is it really worth the hype? Here's the breakdown:

This is my first time to try a cleansing balm and I find the texture to be quite unique. It's not thick and creamy like what I was expecting and instead has a sorbet-like texture that feels very light and easily melted on the skin. It also has a very nice fragrance that is not too overpowering but if you're sensitive to scents, you should take that into consideration. Personally, I don't really mind scents in my products as long as they smell nice and this one smells kind of like candy.

The first time I used this, I was a bit displeased when I rinsed it off since it left a residue on my face and when I went on to do a second cleanse with my Clinique cleansing brush and Klairs cleanser, it didn't foam up at all like it usually does which I blame on the cleansing balm's residue. After a few times though, I figured out that you really just have to rinse the product properly which compared to my Shu Uemura cleansing oil, takes a bit more effort to do. It does, however, does its job in terms of removing all traces of makeup and doesn't make my skin react. It was even able to remove my eye makeup including mascara without my eyes becoming sensitive to the product which is great because it means you don't have to go in with a separate makeup remover for the eyes.


Banila Co. Clean it Zero

Here is a summary before I give my final thoughts:

What it is: A cleansing balm for removing makeup
Claims: According to their website, it is "An award-winning hypoallergenic sorbet-like cleanser that goes on as a solid balm and transforms into a silky oil while dissolving makeup and other impurities without being too harsh on the skin"
Skin Type: All Skin Types
How to use: Use the spatula that comes with the product to scoop out the balm and massage on dry face then rinse with water or tissue off
Price & Availability: ₱890 in Banila Co. counters (Glorietta, Robinsons Place Manila, SM North Edsa, Landmark Trinoma, SM Mall of Asia, also opening soon in Landmark Makati). Mine was bought from Korea which obviously would be much cheaper.
Pros: Locally available, can be used to remove eye makeup, easily removes makeup, has different variants you can choose from (the one I have is the original)
Cons: Hard to rinse off completely compared to cleansing oil, packaging is bulky and inconvenient compared to liquid cleansers

In my opinion, this product is okay but not groundbreaking. I might just be partial to my Shu Uemura cleansing oil but I really find it to be much better than this cleansing balm and although it is far more expensive than Banila Co., I think the Shu Uemura cleansing oils are worth the investment especially since it comes with 400ml product and would last you for a very long time. Of course if you're looking for a more affordable option, definitely go for Banila Co.'s Clean it Zero but if you are willing to spend a bit more for an effective and high performance makeup remover, I suggest to go for Shu Uemura instead.

I hope this review helps if you're in the market for a makeup cleanser! What is your favorite type of makeup remover? Share it down below! ♡

You May Also Like

0 comments