Super Sale Bazaar Haul! Drugstore finds + First Impressions

by - Monday, February 13, 2017

Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit, Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipstick in Calypso, Colourpop Lippie Stix in Cami

I went to the Super Sale Bazaar last Friday at the World Trade Center and these are some of the stuff that I bought. I have to admit, I got a little too excited to see all the makeup booths there and couldn't resist myself when I found so many stuff that I had been eyeing for a while now. Aside from the Sleek liquid lippie in Birthday Suit, I believe all of these products are not locally available which sucks I know but it's the main reason why I bought them. Also, the BEST thing is that all of these are either drugstore beauty products or have drugstore prices. Okay, enough of the boring intro, let's move on to the goodies!

  1. Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless Foundation in the shades 128 Warm Nude & 228 Soft Tan - Ever since seeing this blow up all over youtube, I wanted to try it soo bad especially since I've yet to find my holy grail drugstore foundation but I'm so excited to say that I think I've found the one 😍. I don't want to rave so much since I've only used it once but gosh I fell in love so fast! The best thing is upon checking after around 6 hours, although I had my usual oiliness around my forehead and nose, it sinked into my skin so nicely! It doesn't have a completely flat matte finish but more of a demi-matte which I prefer. Luckily, I also found a perfect shade match with Warm Nude, they had so many shade selections which is so awesome! I also got another in the shade soft tan to mix in with other lighter foundations for when I'm darker. I'm wearing it on this picture below taken from my instagram:
    Wearing Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless foundation in Warm Nude
  2. Milani Eyebrow pomade in Medium Brown - This is my first time trying a pomade for my brows and I'm so excited using this. I've used this twice now and I didn't think I would like it since I'm so used to using powder or my k-palette 2-way pen but again, I think I love this. I'm also using it in the photo above and I think it looks great. I really love the brush that comes with it too which I didn't expect. I can't really tell you if this is a dupe for the Anastasia dip pomade since I've never really tried it but as of now, I'm really liking this product and that's saying a lot because I can be quite particular with my brow products.
  3. The Saem Cover Perfection Tip concealer in 1.5 - I've heard a lot of great reviews about this concealer and I always get excited about discovering inexpensive or drugstore makeup that have high quality. I'm also using this in the photo above (obviously I got a little too excited) and I think it did a great job brightening my eye area. The only thing I'm concerned about is this has spf which typically creates that white cast effect when photographed with flash but that's not really that a big deal when the price of this is only ₱250, like come on! It can't really get any better than that. This is more of that everyday type of concealer but I suggest setting it with a translucent powder since it may settle into the fine lines. I'd say it has a medium, buildable coverage. Also worth noting, it's only available in three shades which I hate but if you're anywhere near my shade (lighter or darker if not the same) I think you'll be able to find a match for yourself. 
  4. Duo Brush On Striplash adhesive - Since I've recently gotten into using falsies, I thought this would make the application easier. I already have the original duo lash glue with the squeeze-type bottle and sometimes it's hard to control the amount and I end up with too much glue. I haven't used this yet but I'm hoping it will be as effective as the original.
  5. April Skin Tint eyebrow pen in Natural Brown - I wasn't planning on buying this but when I tried it I was pleasantly surprised because it was so pigmented! It was cheap too, I think I bought it for around ₱300-₱350. It's a pen type similar to my K-palette 2-way pen which I mentioned in my 2016 favorites here but I want to see if this could be a dupe for that plus I want to find out if this product will last me a long time. I didn't mention in that post but the only thing I don't like about my K-palette one is the pen side gets used up so easily 😢 I'll let you guys know if this is better!
    From left to right: Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit, Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipstick in Calypso, Colourpop Lippie Stix in Cami
  6. Colourpop lippie stix in Cami - I've wanted to try the Colourpop lippie stix and Ultra satin lipsticks for so long! I'm personally not a fan of their ultra matte formula because it makes my lips dry af and chapped lips ain't sexy 😕. The formula is in 'matte X' which is supposedly more matte than just the 'matte' Colourpop formulas but I heard that this is still more comfortable on the lips compared to their ultra matte liquid lipsticks. I haven't used this for a full day yet but the color is a nice pink mauve that looks a tiny bit magenta on my skin. It's such a pretty, everyday sort of color and I think this would look so beautiful on darker skin tones too. 
    Colourpop Lippie Stix in Cami
    Wearing Colourpop Lippie Stix in Cami
  7. Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit - This is probably the most hyped shade from the whole Sleek Matte Me liquid lipstick line. Birthday Suit is also a nice everyday pink color that is almost nude, it is lighter than Cami and more a light pink than a magenta. The consistency is very liquid-y but it dries down to a full matte finish. I've already worn this for a full day and it's quite comfortable and it didn't dry my lips at all. I'm looking forward to testing this lipstick out more. I've seen this line in Sleek counters in Watsons so that's a plus point for availability.
    Wearing Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit
  8. Colourpop Ultra Satin lipstick in Calypso -This is my favorite one out of all the lippies I bought in this haul! I've been loving these sort of colors lately and I think the shade is so flattering. It is a pink, brown-ish color that can pull off so nicely as a nude for darker skin tones. By the way, I'm so bad at describing colors so here's a picture for reference 😅:
    Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipstick in Calypso
    Wearing Colourpop Ultra Satin Lipstick in Calypso
  9. iPhone Case - No explanations for this one. It's just too cute!
    Lol at my messy vanity
  10. Clip-on ringlight for iphone - I know you might think this so extra and so vain of me but I thought this was so cute and would be so helpful for when I'm taking pictures especially indoors.
That's everything! I hope you enjoyed my haul and I'll try to make a review for some of these for you once I've used them more. Also, I'm so sorry to some of the ladies who requested for me to make a video but I haven't gotten around it yet since I don't have a proper camera. Honestly, I haven't thought about venturing into youtube and I'm not sure I will but if a lot of you guys ask for it then maybe lol but for now I hope you can continue reading my blog. I promise I'll try my best to bring you more quality content 💜 

Have you tried any of these products in my haul? How did it work for you? Leave me a comment down below 💕

You May Also Like

0 comments