Review | Nyx Products

by - Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Nyx Angel Veil, lip lingerie, hd concealer

Nyx is one of the most reliable drugstore brands out there and you're sure to find something you'll love. When I was in college, my holy grail lip products were the Nyx soft matte lip cream in Antwerp and Nyx lipstick in tea rose which I still keep in my vanity to this day. Recently though I've been intrigued with these three products since I've been seeing them all around youtube and social media so I figured I'd give them a try.
 
Nyx Angel Veil Primer  
Price: ₱970 from Nyx Watson's
If you follow my instagram stories, you probably saw the video clips of me applying these products but for those of you that didn't catch that, I pointed out how I was put off by the oil that first came out of the tube and I hate when that happens but after my application, I immediately noticed how smooth my skin felt and it made my foundation look flawless. My favorite youtuber Kathleenlights raves about this so of course I had to try it out. I must say this is pretty good for a drugstore product and although the price isn't the cheapest, I think this is one of the products that are worth the extra bucks. I have to note, however, that this doesn't prolong your makeup but instead it provides a smooth and even canvas for your base.
 
Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push Up
Price: ₱490 from Nyx Watson's 
Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push Up (don't mind my dog in the bg😅)

Swatch of Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push up (in natural sunlight)
Swatch of Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push up (in direct sunlight)
Swatch of Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push up
 
Swatch of Nyx Lip Lingerie in Push up (dried down)


It's my first time trying the Nyx lip lingerie line and I have to be honest, it's not my favorite. The color is really pretty though, it is a nude pink with a brown undertone but it pulls off lighter on my medium skin tone. This would probably wash out skin tones darker than I am so be mindful of that. The wand is a bit flatter and thinner than the usual liquid lipsticks I'm used to but it didn't really bother me too much. What bothered me is the formula! The first two swatches above are from first application and then the third is after it dried down. As you can see from the swatches, it balled up and became patchy. On the lips, I find that you need to put on another lip product or a lip balm underneath to make it work. The other thing I really don't like about this product is that it's too sticky for my liking and even though it dried down, it still feels a bit sticky and makes my lips stick together 😕 it's also not transfer-proof which means it can leave a lipstick mark when you drink or eat which also sucks. I suggest going for Nyx's soft matte lip creams instead and give this product a pass. I will continue using it though since I really like the color.

Nyx HD Concealer in Yellow
Price: ₱360 from Nyx Watson's
I really like this product but I haven't used it alone though. I apply this along with my favorite the Saem cover perfection concealer mainly to brighten my eye area and it does a pretty good job in my opinion. It certainly gave extra coverage for my dark circles so I'm quite happy with this concealer. You can also use this to highlight on the bridge of the nose and center of the forehead but I prefer to just use it on my undereyes. If you are struggling with dark circles, give this product a try. It's a bit pricier than my the Saem concealer but it is still pretty cheap.

Here's a photo from my instagram where I'm wearing all three products:

A post shared by Dana Ruth (@danaruth) on

I hope you liked this mini review! I'm planning on another skincare product feature on my next post so stay tuned for that. Let me know if you've tried any of these products in the comment section down below! 🌟

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Look at that pinky lip color. best quality products. NYX has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf.
    nyx products in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYX Cosmetics has long been a staple in the beauty industry, offering an extensive range of high-quality makeup products at affordable prices. Whether you are a makeup enthusiast, a professional artist, or someone who simply enjoys enhancing their natural beauty, NYX products in Pakistan have something to offer for everyone.

    ReplyDelete