Best Products of 2016

by - Wednesday, February 01, 2017


These are the products that I've been using A LOT the past year which are not necessarily 2016 releases but products that I've loved the most in 2016. It's been a great year for me in terms of discovering great products and I'd like to share them with you. I use these products almost every time I do my skin care or makeup, that's how much I love them!
I've linked some of the products to the online shops where you can check them out(click the product name). I'm only making a very brief review of each product, if you would like me to make a more in depth review of any specific item, please comment down below 👍

Skin Care 
Klairs Rich Moist Foaming cleanser (pictured on the right) - Since I have oily skin, I was initially scared of using this. Beauty products that have the words "rich" and "moist" are not really what oily-skinned gals typically like to hear but don't be fooled because this cleanser is a w e s o m e. It doesn't break me out at all or make me oilier but instead it makes my face immediately clear, clean, and moist (in a good way) after using. I feel like it cleans my face without giving that squeaky feeling or stripping my face of all its natural oils but instead it leaves my skin with a healthy sheen that I've never experienced with any cleanser before. I am positive that this will also suit girls who have dry or combination skin.


Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner- I think this is already a pretty popular product in Korean skin care but I only got to try it last year and I get the hype. What I love about this toner is that it does what it says, it cleans and minimizes the appearance of pores. I usually don't see any difference with pore-targeted products but this was really excellent in giving results. Definitely a skin care staple 👌

Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop - This has probably been my favorite skin care find of 2016 because it's one of the products that transformed my skin the most. If you don't already know, vitamin C is fantastic in brightening the skin which means it can effectively lighten uneven skin tone and dark spots. While these are not necessarily my skin concerns, what I've noticed is that it made my skin texture feel a lot smoother and soft. I use it after my cleanser and toner in the morning. You can definitely use this twice a day especially if you are concerned with dark spots.

Naruko sheet masks in tea trea shine control - The best sheet masks I've tried! Most sheet masks I tried prior to this one has either a sticky or overly moisturizing feeling which is not great for my oily skin. It has tea tree in it which we all know is very good for combating acne. Honestly, I'm pretty drawn to any product that has tea tree simply because all tea tree type products I've tried in the past worked so well for my skin. I suggest this for people with oily skin types, not really sure how well this would work for dry skins but go check out Naruko's website linked in the product name above because they have a number of product lines suited for specific skin types and concerns. If you have dry skin, I believe their Rose line would be more suitable for you.


Makeup


RCMA No Color Powder (a lot of online makeup sellers have this) - One of the most game changing techniques I've discovered in 2016 is baking and setting my face with a loose powder. It is so effective in locking makeup and preventing creases. I use the RCMA powder under my eyes and on my whole face. This powder makes my makeup so smooth and flawless and I've never been able to put it down ever since I got it. I discovered this from Kathleen Lights, my favorite youtube blogger of all time like seriously, please go check her out if you haven't yet! She was the one who popularized this product and other makeup gurus on youtube have rave reviews on it too.

From left to right: Sincere, Trustworthy, Charming
The Balm's packaging is always on point 👌
Wearing the shade 'Trustworthy'
The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes liquid lipsticks - I have the shades Sincere, Trustworthy, and Charming. These shades probably look very alike but what can I say? I have a type lol. Liquid lipsticks and highlighters are probably the most hyped makeup products in 2016 and almost every makeup brand out there released their own but this is one of the products that surprised me because it is so underrated and so beautiful and inexpensive that I want to force every makeup addict to go out and try it. First of all, I am not the biggest fan of dry lips I mean who is, right? But if you love liquid lipsticks, it is probably a problem you know all too well. What I love about the Balm liquid lipsticks is that they are SO comfortable on the lips and they do dry down matte like any normal liquid lip but without turning your lips into the sahara desert. GRABE ang ganda. The cherry on top? They smell like mint chocolate! 😍 The only downside is that they're not completely transfer proof so if that's what you're looking for in a liquid lipstick, this might not be the product for you. If you don't mind reapplying, then girl go out right now and test it out seriously!


Bohktoh false eyelashes in style J-204 (from Landmark) - I've never really worn falsies as much as I have recently because honestly the struggle is real 😅 but for some reason, I've been loving the way they look on me and I've gotten the hang of it with a lot of practice. These ones in particular are really nice with very thin bands and one box comes with 10 pairs for around Php380 which is fairly inexpensive. I've been obsessed with falsies recently and this is the style that I like the most - thin and more on the natural side. I also discovered a very cool trick recently in applying falsies to make it look more natural without eyeliner by hiding the band. If you would like to know how to do it, please let me know in the comments and I might make a step by step tutorial in my next blog.
The new one is a back up because I need this in my lyf lol
K-Palette 2-way eyebrow pen in 102 Natural Brown (from Beauty Bar) - I am someone with sparse brows so I typically look for a brow product that lasts and will mimic natural hairs. I've found this K-palette product to do just the job. I really don't know why I've only tried this now after knowing about it for so long but I'm glad I finally did. It comes with a liquid pen and a powder. I use the pen to make an outline as well as to fill in the inner part of my brows then I go over it with the powder. The great thing about this product is you can achieve either a natural or "on fleek" brows, whichever you prefer. 

That's it! 😀 Honestly, I have some other products that seem very promising too but I will leave that for another blog because I want to test them out more before making a review. I hope you found this post helpful. If there is anything you are curious about that I was not able to mention above, please leave me a comment down below! Thank you for reading until the very end 😊💖


You May Also Like

0 comments